Provincial Health Insurance Fund is the organizational unit of the National Health Insurance in charge of:
- coordination of the activities of branch offices established in the territory of the autonomous province in accordance with the law;
- control of branch offices' operations and appropriate use of funds which the National Health Insurance Fund transfers to branch offices for the exercise of rights under compulsory health insurance scheme in the territory of the Autonomous Province;
- control of contracts between branch offices and healthcare providers, in the territory of the Autonomous Province;
- deliberates on health insurance rights in the second-instance procedures in accordance with the law;
- provision of the necessary technical assistance to insured persons in connection with the enforcement of compulsory health insurance and the protection of their interests;
- ensuring the conditions for operation of medical committees established in the territory of the autonomous province, in accordance with the law;
- provision of the information subsystem, as part of the integrated information system of the Republic of Serbia in the area of health insurance, in accordance with the law;
- performance of statistical and other research in the area of health insurance;
- cooperation with the competent provincial authorities;
- performance of other duties as prescribed under the Articles of Association;
- submission of activity reports on 6-month and 12-months basis to the Management Board and the Supervisory Board of the National Health Insurance Fund.
The seat of the Provincial Health Insurance Fund is in Novi Sad, 3 Žitni trg St.